After raising a Series C ~€87 million round, Everli, the Milan-based marketplace for online grocery […]
Shkolo.bg was started by four people in a garage back in 2016. The founders’ goal – to reduce the administrative paperwork at schools and let the teachers have more time for activities such as, well, teaching and mentoring. Five years later, the company has brought over 1700 Bulgarian schools into the cloud, counts more 1.5m users, has 51 employees.. and is now planning international expansion.
In practice, Shkolo provides one integrated platform with multiple modules:
- Single online system for communication between teachers, students, and parents
- Digital class register/ diary that enables parents to stay up-to-date with kids’ progress, achievements, and possible problems
- Learning content as well as study and testing materials
- Gamification of student goals
- Statistics on individual and collective school performance
- Centralized student feedback on assignments and teachers
- Online payments to schools
- Inventory management of all school assets
Shkolo.bg on a Dare to Scale Journey
Earlier this year, it was announced that Shkolo.bg will join Dare to Scale – the growth program of Endeavor Bulgaria that helps local entrepreneurs with high-potential to become globally competitive. The program is already under way and from September to December the 10 participating companies will go through six workshops (in sales, marketing, finance, and HR), individual mentoring sessions with some of the most successful entrepreneurs in Bulgaria, and several networking events. The ultimate goal is helping founders achieve repeatable product-market fit while establishing a scalable sales process.