Join our team and shape the story of independent innovation journalism in Southeast Europe. By providing constructive reporting on the developments in the local startup and tech ecosystems, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth and maturation of the entrepreneurial community in the region.
We are currently looking for editors in Romania, Greece, and across the Western Balkans. The roles would suit anyone who had already some experience (2+ years) with the creation of engaging fact-based content as well as a decent understanding of innovation and digital transformation trends. Previous experience may include work for tech and business media publishers, high-growth startups, or venture capital/ market analysis firms.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide high-quality reporting on any news related to startups or corporate innovators in your local market
- Write feature pieces dedicated to ecosystem trends, background information giving more context on recent big developments in the community or ventures with significant potential for international success.
- Conduct interviews with tech community leaders with significant insight or unique perspective into a given topic from the SEE innovation world.
- Produce written or video content for customers of The Recursive, usually cool tech companies looking for positioning in the innovation ecosystem.
- Distribute the created materials via relevant channels – social media, user groups, influencers, media partners.
- Organize (digital for now) events – discussions, fireside chats, community gatherings.
- You are available for a part-time or full-time employment
- You have excellent English writing and verbal communication skills, next to the knowledge of the local language (Romanian, Greek, Serbian, etc.)
- You have experience with digital storytelling and the ability to create clean, concise, and factual articles or videos
- You know your local startup ecosystem very well, ideally, you’re part of it
- You understand innovation and technology, beyond the buzzwords
- You are a curious and self-ambitious person who is constantly hungry to learn more and improve
- You are a self-starter and don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and know how to balance competing priorities
- You want to create a positive impact for the SEE region
- An exciting job where you are the first to know all the coolest news
- Lots of opportunities to quickly learn and develop new skills
- International exposure for your work
- Access to The Recursive’s network- the most prominent tech & business leaders, venture capitalists (VCs), and various entrepreneurial communities in the region and its diaspora across the globe.
- Plenty of space for creativity: your best ideas will help us grow
- Remote-friendly operations, you can work from anywhere in Southeast Europe.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us a mail to: [email protected], containing:
1) Your LinkedIn profile, CV or a video pitch (max. 2 minutes)
2) 1-2 paragraphs about your mission in life and three topics from the SEE innovation ecosystem you’d love to cover
3) Links to some of the stories you have written/ produced previously