UK-based Amdaris, which develops software for tech companies and has raised over €7M so far, is expanding to Bulgaria. They are on the hunt for 40+ IT professionals looking to develop their technical skills in a brand-new office in the heart of Sofia.
The British company, which has recently seen 40% year to year growth, delivers Software Development, Product Design, Application Support, as well as Consultancy Services to a variety of sectors that want to reduce risks and maximise impact. Their clients, both startups and corporations, are growing in markets including finance, legal, HR, real estate, energy, technology, travel, and the logistics sector.
Founded back in 2009, in Bristol, and led by co-CEOs Vlad Nanu and Andy Rogers, Amdaris has four delivery centres in Eastern Europe; in Moldova, Romania, and now in the land where Payhawk unicorn was born.
Today, we caught up with Glyn Blaize, COO at Amdaris in Bristol, UK, and Vesela Nikolova, Centre Director at Amdaris in Sofia, Bulgaria. We discuss the business’s special culture and their ambitious plans for the Bulgarian office in 2022.
“We have these three pillars, which are people, planet, and profit, and we believe that if we are not doing well in all three of them together, then we are not a proper business,” shares Glyn Blaize, Group COO at Amdaris in Bristol, England.
Glyn has a background in economics and management. He has been with the company since April 2021, before which he was actually an Amdaris client. Meanwhile, Vesela joined Amdaris this year. She has a background in strategic corporate finance and previous experience as a manager.
“We want to grow fast. By the end of the year, we want to be 40+ people and bring that spirit where you feel like you are not going to work, but rather going somewhere where you can build your skills,” Vesela says.
These are the questions we will go through:
- What motivated Amdaris to choose Sofia, Bulgaria to open the new office?
- Amdaris was launched back in 2009. What have been the biggest achievements so far?
- What are the most interesting engineering problems developers can solve at the company?
- What types of people have the best chance of being successful at Amdaris?
- What can you tell us about your business culture? How will ensure the passing of the international leadership baton between England and Bulgaria?
- What are the goals of the Bulgarian office in 2022?