In the face of war and challenging times, IT companies working in Ukraine show how […]
Joining us from Bucharest, our next guest is a firm believer in technology for the greater good.
Sebastian Gabor is building an AI-powered software product to enhance the veterinary care process.
Together with his partner Ruxandra Pui, he developed Digitail. An all-in-one operating system for animal hospitals designed to improve efficiencies and provide a modern experience to veterinary teams, clients, and their pets.
Launched in 2018, Digitail now serves more than 1 thousand practices and 1 million pets worldwide.
In 2023, Digitail closed an $ 11M Series A funding round led by Atomico.
Apart from being a dynamic entrepreneur, Sebastian Gabor is also the co-founder of Code4Romania. A non-profit that unites developers to offer tech solutions to social challenges.
Sebastian Gabor is also an endurance athlete and a three-time Ironman finisher.
In his conversation with Irina, Sebastian Gabor describes his entrepreneurial journey from running an event agency in Romania, leading to his initial foray into app development, to how he delved into the digitization of veterinary clinics to revolutionize their workflow with Digitail.
He reflects on the various challenges and lessons learned:
- The hardships of bootstrapping a business and understanding the clients’ needs;
- The significance of gathering feedback from the market when building your MVP;
- His approach to handling negative feedback and using it for personal improvement;
- The difficulties in leadership as the business scales;
- The intricacies of managing yourself to be a better leader;
Curious about discovering the Romanian tech ecosystem? Watch the previous episode featuring one of the most prominent investors Mairus Istrate.