Join our team and shape the story of innovation storytelling in Southeast Europe.
The Recursive is an independent community-born online media focused on the emerging tech and startup ecosystems in Southeast Europe (SEE). Our mission is to provide constructive reporting on the progress of the local innovation community.
Now, our commercial department has an exciting opportunity for account managers with prowess for digital publishing, marketing, and PR. Bonus points for those used to collaborating with fast-paced tech companies. To apply, send us a mail to [email protected], containing:
1) Your LinkedIn profile, CV, or a video pitch (max. 2 minutes)
2) 1-2 paragraphs about your mission in life and why you want to join The Recursive in the role described below.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In a nutshell, help our customers (leading tech scaleups, VCs and IT corporates) grow their brands in the ecosystem.
- Talk to existing and potential customers to understand their goals and consult them on the best possible solution for their business and employer branding needs
- Manage and monitor progress and delivery on ongoing client projects
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the execution of various content marketing campaigns
- Work with the editorial and video teams to produce engaging story formats
- Act as a point of contact for clients and media partners
- Make sure any client feedback or concerns are addressed timely
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of The Recursive’s customer offering
This is a remote-first role open to people based anywhere in Southeast Europe.
- You are available for a full-time employment
- You have 3+ years of experience in a marketing campaign management role, ideally at an agency
- You possess exceptional communication and people skills
- You speak and write in English at an advanced level
- You are skilled in digital storytelling and the creation of engaging content
- You are familiar with the latest digital marketing trends
- You know the regional innovation ecosystem very well, ideally, you’re part of it
- You are a curious and self-ambitious person who is constantly hungry to learn more and improve
- You are an extremely proactive self-starter and don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and know how to balance competing priorities
- You have an eye for what’s good in terms of copy and design, with great attention to detail
- You enjoy bringing order to chaos.
- You like owning projects end-to-end and are now looking for a role with more responsibility
- You want to create a positive impact for the SEE region
Bonus points if you already have a strong network in the regional tech ecosystem and experience with B2B lead generation.
- An exciting job where you are the one helping innovators communicate their stories in the most effective way
- Lots of opportunities to quickly learn and develop new skills
- International exposure for your work
- Access to The Recursive’s network- the most prominent tech & business leaders, venture capitalists (VCs), and various entrepreneurial communities in the region and its diaspora across the globe.
- Plenty of space for creativity: your best ideas will help us grow
- Remote-friendly operations/ access to coworking spaces
- Send your resume and answers to the questions above. We will carefully look at every candidate who does that and provide feedback on your application within 2 weeks of submission.
- First 20-minute call: Get to know each other, give an overview of The Recursive, understand your motivation and work experience.
- If we see a potential match between our goals, you will receive a practical case to demonstrate your skills.
- On the same day, we will also have a cultural-fit chat to maximize the possibility of you thriving in the company for many years to come.
- If you get this far, you will receive an official offer from our side.