Are you passionate about startups and technology? Do you enjoy building relationships and growing communities? Would you like to support Bulgarian and SEE startups on their journey to becoming competitive global leaders that create jobs, and drive positive economic and social change in Bulgaria and the region?
If the answer to these questions is ‘Yes’ and you’re open to a new professional challenge, look no further. Bulgaria Innovation Hub (BIH) is looking to hire a Community Expansion Manager to boost the organization’s efforts to create a two-way bridge between the Bulgarian startup ecosystem and Silicon Valley.
To apply, please complete the ‘Join the team’ form here by July 30, 2022.
- Assist with program curriculum development and workshop coordination with mentors and program contributors
- Research, scout and identify high-potential Bulgarian and SEE startups for the BIH growth accelerator program
- Conduct initial interviews with program applicants to better understand companies’ needs and goals as related to the BIH program
- Coordinate follow-up interviews with BIH team members
- Prepare candidate reports and assist BIH board with final cohort selection
- Support the onboarding and program experience of selected companies
- Design a post-program engagement plan with alumni companies
- Provide curated introductions to alumni startups and partners to potential clients, mentors, partners and investors
- Collect and analyze feedback from program participants to ensure continued value creation
- Coordinate periodic follow-ups and online events with alumni companies
- Collect and analyze annual KPI reports and companies’ achievements to measure program impact for the participants
- Organize and host community networking events with BIH alumni, donors and local partners to commemorate program graduation and celebrate alumni achievements
- Manage BIH Slack channel to further expand and grow community engagement between alumni and BIH mentors and partners
- Maintain community engagement across BIH social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
- Develop and further foster strong relationships with existing and potential ecosystem partners – VC funds, associations, accelerators, alumni, and local influencers
- Attend startup and industry events to present the Bulgaria Innovation Hub platform and actively engage with the local tech community
- Coordinate marketing and media relation activities such as PR campaigns, media interviews, etc.
Expansion of mentor network
- Discover high-impact mentors with relevant practical experience that can positively impact the growth of the BIH alumni companies, i.e. successful entrepreneurs, influencers and role models with give back mentality
- Connect and engage with the Bulgarian diaspora abroad by sharing the value of staying engaged with the homeland and the startup ecosystem in the region
Fundraising and sustainability
- Identify new fundraising opportunities from local and global sources, i.e. foundations grants and donations, donations and sponsorships from corporations, individual donors, VC funds, EU and to support our work as an NGO
- Grow existing donor network and increase annual contributions to secure long-term sustainability of the organization
- Assist executive director in the preparation of fundraising reports, including but not limited to companies achievement reports, ongoing fundraising goals, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher in Business, or a related field
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian, both verbal and written
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, a natural relationship builder
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Part of the tech ecosystem in Bulgaria – e.g. previous experience in a local startup, accelerator, VC fund, or NGOs supporting entrepreneurs and innovators
- Understanding of the dynamics and challenges of Bulgarian and SEE startups
- Give-back mentality and authentic desire to help others
- Proactive self-starter used to taking the initiative and leading projects
- Experience with grant reporting, budget allocation and fundraising is a plus but not required
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Suites, Slack, Salesforce, Trello, etc.
- Availability for full-time employment, as soon as possible
- Access to the BIH global network of world-class entrepreneurs, investors and mentors
- Opportunity to expand his/her network and build lasting relationships with some of the most influential people in the world
- Lots of opportunities to quickly learn and develop new skills
- Opportunity to collaborate with the most innovative companies, entrepreneurs and investors who are leveraging innovation and technology to solve global challenges
- Opportunity to create a real positive impact in Bulgaria and the region and to be responsible for the global recognition of the region
- Remote-first job, although you will need to be based in Sofia most of the time
- Competitive salary